Logs from June 4 to June 11

  • Flashed a vanilla debian image on SD card and booted the BBB from it.
  • Used the script made by Robert nelson to update to the latest xenomai patched image. Linux beaglebone 4.14.108-ti-xenomai-r143 #1buster SMP PREEMPT Thu May 27 21:23:48 UTC 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux
  • Installed Xenomai libraries. (I have put all my steps and errors faced on slack chat)
  • Tried source compiling Bela, but failed. I have put up the issues on gsoc Slack.
  • The BBAI arrived on 8th June 2021.
  • ssh-ed into the out-of-the-box image and updated and upgraded it, which is on the emmc.
  • Flashed latest Debian IOT buster image into a 32GB SD card and booted the BBAI from it.
  • Figured out how to get internet connectivity on the beaglebones. (I had to use an old router as a wifi repeater and then hook up the 2 BB's via ethernet cable to the repeater router and thus I could ssh into the BB's via my LAN itself and also got them connected online.)
  • Ran Robert Nelson's update script and got xenomai patched kernel running.
  • Installed Xenomai Libraries on the BBAI and ran the latency test (which also worked).
  • Cloned the development Bela Repo.
  • Source Compiled Bela Repo on the BBB, tried to compile and run examples but ran into a few errors.
  • Recieved the BELA Shipment on 10th June, 2021. (Had to pay customs charges at doorstep)
  • Tested BELA Cape basic examples like sine-tone, scope and .wav player on the proper BELA image.
  • Debugged errors that were faced earlier on the source compile that I was doing on debian-xenomai patched image.
  • Finally got the sine-tone example to work. All the errors faced and solutions can be found in the thread "BUILDING BELA Core on BB" in the #gsoc channel on slack.